Nursing assistants have the extraordinary opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of older adults.
As a professionally trained nursing assistant, you can offer patients compassion and care while assisting them with day-to-day life tasks such as dressing, bathing and feeding.
Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) staff members may also help with resident charting and instruction, documenting care provided and reporting health and wellness observations to the nursing staff.
NACS make a difference in the lives of the patients under their care every day—nursing assistants can really become like extended family to older adults.
The most successful nursing assistants are naturally
compassionate and patient with the elderly community.
There is enormous potential for career growth when you begin a career in nursing. NAC’s often work their way through college as they earn a nursing degree (LPN or RN). Hands-on patient experience in a healthcare setting will help prepare you for a future nursing career.
The benefits of being a nursing assistant at Christian Health Care Center include:
- Competitive salaries
- Shift differentials for evening and night shifts
- A variety of shifts that fit around school or family schedules
- Generous benefits available to those who qualify after just 30 days employment
- Prorated benefits for those working 20-29 hours/week
- FT equivalent benefits start at 30 hours/week
- Paid in-service time
- Four on, two off schedule rotation
- A clean, modern facility that uses high-tech charting systems
- Peace of mind knowing you’re working for a financially secure company
- Convenient north county location offers a short commute and easy parking
- Various fun events like Relay for Life, Alzheimer’s Memory Walk & more!
It is an easy and affordable way to start a career in the healthcare industry. If you live in Whatcom County, the first step is to enroll in Christian Health Care Center’s free nursing assistant training program—it’s designed for applicants who would like to work in our Lynden, WA skilled nursing facility after successful completion of the program.
Nearly all students in Christian Health Care Center’s nursing assistant training program are immediately hired.
Follow Christian Health Care Center on Facebook to learn about future NAC training opportunities.