Long-Term Care Options in Whatcom County
As people get older, they can face ailments such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, memory loss, mobility issues, and other limiting factors. These types of ailments can lead to the need for special care and often 24-hour, long-term care.
It can be a difficult decision for families to move a loved one into a skilled nursing facility, but sometimes it truly is in their best interest, especially when health and safety are concerns.
There are many benefits to long-term care living including:
- 24/7 nursing care. Having on-site medical care available from registered nurses, nursing assistants and other healthcare providers can be crucial to a senior’s safety and well-being.
- Healthy diet. Skilled nursing facilities provide nutritious meals and snacks that are based on each resident’s dietary needs.
- Medication management. Many elders depend on medicine to treat illness and maintain their health. Long-term care center staff order, record, store and administer all resident’s medication.
- Social interaction. Living in a long-term care facility can be beneficial to an individual, who may have been living at home alone, because they will be around others for companionship and they have access to daily activities that stimulate the brain.
- Peace of mind. Families won’t have to worry about their loved one being alone at home, falling and getting hurt, or forgetting to take their medications.
Family members that become caretakers of elderly parents or relatives often find it hard to balance caregiving while also taking care of themselves at the same time. They can feel guilty that they are not doing enough, or that they don’t have enough time to balance work, their own children and caring for their aging loved one. When that is the case, long-term care is an option to consider.
Christian Health Care Center is a local nonprofit skilled nursing and therapeutic rehabilitation facility in Lynden, WA. We offer long-term care solutions to Whatcom County families.
Our mission is to provide compassionate care in a loving environment for the elder population. Contact us today at 360-354-4434 to learn more about long-term care living.
“All staff were exceptional, caring & outstanding.” – Mary, CHCC resident