Care Transition Nurses
Award-Winning Care Transition Team for Whatcom County Elders
Christian Health Care Center supports our therapeutic rehabilitation patients by offering complimentary healthcare consultations from care transition nurses. The goal is to help speed up your recovery while working to prevent hospital re-admissions.
Care transition nurses help educate patients and their loved ones so the transition process from PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center to our facility and then back home again is as safe and successful as possible.
Short-stay rehab patients who qualify will receive up to one pre-discharge visit at CHCC, one post-discharge visit at your home and 2-3 phone calls over a 3-4 week period.
- Helping ensure a smooth transition from Christian Health Care Center to your home and advocating for your specific needs
- Discussing any health care concerns you may have
- Monitoring your recovery process
- Preparing for visits with medical professionals
- Navigating the health care system
- Medication management and more
Faith Community Nurses Are:
- Partnered with Health Ministry Network* whose goal is to achieve holistic healing and good health through all denominations and religious affiliations
- Professional Registered Nurses recognized by the American Nurses Association
- Graduates of the Basic Preparation Course for Faith Community Nurses
- Trained to provide personal consultations with seniors in our community and offer education, counseling, advocacy, and referrals
Please contact our social services department today if you feel you or a loved one would benefit from working with a Faith Community Nurse. 360-354-4434
* The Health Ministries Network is an extension of the Spiritual Care Department at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center.