Since 1978, the Northwest Regional Council has been helping Whatcom County seniors and their families access a wide range of public and private resources by implementing state and federal programs for seniors and people who need long-term care.
Their goal is to support the independence, dignity, and health of older adults and people with disabilities. NWRC services are free of charge to adults age 60 and over, people with disabilities, and to friends and family members on their behalf.
Northwest Regional Council offers guidance to Whatcom County seniors in these areas:
- In-home care – learn about obtaining in-home assistance with personal care, meal preparation, transportation, etc.
- Medical insurance – keep up with the latest information on medical and dental coverage for seniors including Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plans, and more.
- Medicaid – get help understanding coverage and the application process.
- Caregiver support – learn about programs that support caregivers like respite care, support groups, etc.
- Housing – receive a list of housing options for older adults including retirement residences, subsidized living, etc.
- Long-term care options – NWRC has a comprehensive list of Whatcom County skilled nursing facilities, adult family homes and assisted living centers.
- General resources – learn about living wills, transportation, property tax deferrals, etc.
If you would like more info, contact NWRC here:
Northwest Regional Council
600 Lakeway Drive, Suite 100
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360) 738-2500 Email: Whatcom Aging & Disability Resources
Christian Health Care Center is a local non-profit skilled nursing and therapeutic rehabilitation facility. If you have additional questions about long-term care, therapeutic rehabilitation for senior citizens or our Whatcom County adult day health program, contact us at 360-354-4434.