RN/LPN Jobs in Whatcom County
Why do Registered and Licensed Practical Nurses choose to work at our Whatcom County skilled nursing facility? Here are some of the top reasons new hires and long-term employees have shared:
- Ability to develop relationships. Nursing is personal and developing relationships with patients makes day-to-day work meaningful for many. Becoming a nurse at Christian Health Care Center means you’ll be able to serve the same patients–it’s a different experience for those who have worked in a hospital setting where patients change over quickly.
- The employer is respected in the community. Many nurses who apply at Christian Health Care Center have heard a friend or loved one speak highly of an experience at CHCC — they want to be a part of working at a healthcare campus that is well-respected in Whatcom County.
- 8- or 12-hour shifts. CHCC has shift options based on nurses working 8 or 12 hours. These shift schedules allow you pick a work schedule that fits the needs of your family and/or lifestyle.
- Every-other-weekend off. RNs and LPNs at CHCC are put on an every-other-weekend-off rotation so you can plan for vacations and family activities.
- Help with continuing education. CHCC offers a tuition reimbursement program to nurses who have been with us for more than a year and we work to accommodate school schedules. LPNs that are in RN school can often work shifts at CHCC on weekends and/or other days they are not in school. We also offer countless continuing education opportunities — at your own pace — via Relias Learning’s online training programs.
- Passion for serving elders. Nurses who choose Christian Health Care Center as an employer have a natural love for long-term care and for serving elders. They like providing healthcare to the elderly population and helping individuals and families transition through life with dignity and respect.
So, what do you think? Do the benefits of working as an RN or LPN nurse at Christian Health Care Center sound like what you’re looking for?
If so, please check out our current openings for nurses and apply online today or call and speak with our HR director, Kari Heeringa, about your skills and career goals.