Our transportation department services the needs of Christian Health Care Center residents and Northwest Adult Day Health & Wellness members with a fleet of passenger vans and paratransit buses.
Van and bus drivers are responsible for the safe, reliable and efficient operation of vehicles for scheduled service routes and demand-response rides.
CHCC’s transportation operators are responsible for providing friendly and courteous service to all passengers. They need to have a good working report with fellow staff members as well as patients, residents and adult day health members.
We occasionally have a need for PT and/or on-call drivers to meet the needs of those we serve. These positions could be a great fit for retired Whatcom Transit bus operators or Whatcom County school bus drivers looking to supplement their income. Check here for current part-time driver openings.
If you are interested in joining our pool of on-call drivers, please apply online today–-reference on-call driver in the “Position applying for” box.
Required education, license or certificate:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 21 years of age at time of application with at least five years of driving experience.
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must pass a Washington State Patrol and the Department of Social and Health Services background checks (in accordance with RCW 43.43.830 through 43.43.840, Child/Adult Abuse Information Act).
- Obtain and maintain a valid and current CPR card within 6 months of hire.
- Must sign passenger “Confidentiality Statement” as a condition of employment.
- Note: A CDL license is not required for these positions.
Thank you for considering a transportation job with our Whatcom County eldercare facility. We look forward to hearing from you!